- Minimum emissions. In the conditions of global warming, only refrigerants that are safe for the ozone layer, such as carbon dioxide (CO₂), will be in demand in the new HVAC climate systems. In Russia, this solution was implemented by the Auchan and Metro networks. It allows you to get significantly more heat compared to freon at the same cost of electricity.
The main task of the equipment manufacturer is to ensure a balance of comfort and well-being of residents in the building when operating HVAC systems with almost zero emissions into the environment.
- Climate control in agricultural premises. The construction of housing in previously unsuitable regions forces people to actively use climate systems for growing environmentally friendly food. In these niches, HVAC manufacturers will be successful in the next decade.
- The Internet of Things. Building management automation technologies are developing rapidly. In the HVAC industry, they simplify maintenance (diagnostics are accelerated, reports are compiled). In the coming years, artificial intelligence will be used in self-diagnostics of buildings (the system detects a malfunction, automatically orders spare parts, plans a service). The demand for intelligent thermostats will increase, which will increase the sales of systems in all market segments.
- The desire to control the environment. Modern consumers prefer smart home systems, they are more willing to visit shops, theaters and restaurants with clean, high-quality air. At the same time, more than 66% of millennials, according to Nielsen surveys, are willing to pay more for products and services of companies that care about the environment. Therefore, for owners of commercial buildings, this trend is another way to stand out from the competition.
- From constraints to innovation. It is not only legislative restrictions that contribute to the wide spread of innovations, such as condensing boilers. Trends in the global and regional economies lead to an increase in energy prices, so the end consumer chooses more economical solutions. Including those that, even at a higher initial cost, end up being cheaper due to reduced fuel and operating costs.
- Autonomy and renewable energy sources. Another global trend is the growing demand for renewable energy sources (RES), for example, for heat pumps. It is expected that their market in Europe will grow fourfold over the next 10 years. In addition to manufacturers of heating equipment, manufacturers of climate systems are increasingly actively claiming their claims to its share. This is one of the signs of market consolidation, where integrated offers are becoming increasingly popular, including integrated solutions for heat and water supply, ventilation and air conditioning, as well as for autonomous generation of heat and electricity (including solar collectors, wind turbines, etc.).
- Digitalization. Among the global trends that determine the vector of development of the market of equipment for heating and water supply, digitalization occupies one of the central places, largely determining the features of new consumer behavior. So, one of the mandatory requirements of the end user today is the possibility of remote control of any device, whether it is a boiler or a pump.